Are sales taxes calculated before or after a rebate or incentive is applied? The short answer is: it depends on the state. Please see What Fees Should You Pay? for detailed information on this topic, including a chart that reveals which states apply taxes to incentives and which states do not.
Articles in this section
- Can I get a better deal paying cash for a car?
- Should I buy a model that is going to be redesigned soon?
- What's the difference between a demo car and a program car?
- Are destination charges negotiable?
- Should I buy an extended warranty for my car?
- Should I buy a car off the lot or factory order one?
- How much can I afford for a lease?
- What is MSRP or 'sticker price'?
- My lease is up. Should I buy the car or turn it in? (video)
- Are rebates and incentives subject to tax?