A general rule of thumb is no more than 20% of your take home pay. However, everyone has a different budget, lifestyle, and needs. We have this handy calculator that helps you determine what you can afford. If you would like to be paired with a car buying (and leasing) expert, click here to learn more.
Articles in this section
- Can I get a better deal paying cash for a car?
- Should I buy a model that is going to be redesigned soon?
- What's the difference between a demo car and a program car?
- Are destination charges negotiable?
- Should I buy an extended warranty for my car?
- Should I buy a car off the lot or factory order one?
- How much can I afford for a lease?
- What is MSRP or 'sticker price'?
- My lease is up. Should I buy the car or turn it in? (video)
- Are rebates and incentives subject to tax?