App Version 15.3.3497
The Edmunds iOS app combines Edmunds research, pricing and inventory tools to help you shop for your perfect car. With this app you can configure a car to your requirements, get the regional True Market Value®, find cars for sale at local dealers, and read reviews.
- How do I find the value and pricing information for a car?
- How do I search for inventory?
- How do I contact the dealer and/or get a quote?
- How do I save inventory and/or my search?
- Where can I view my saved inventory and searches?
- How do I change my zip code?
- How do I change the search radius?
- What is the "Can It Fit?" feature and how can I access it?
- Where can I find additional research tools, such as Compare, Appraise, and Calculate?
- What are "remote" and "On the Lot" notifications?
- How do I find what version of the app I have?
- Questions or feedback?
To start researching any car, simply open the app, select the "Research" tab, and select a Make, Model, Year, and Submodel.
Use the search icon on the top right of the app, for a quicker search of the make, model, or body type you're interested in.
If you're not quite sure what make/model you're looking for, but you know the body type you are interested in, choose to search by "Body Type" to help narrow down the results
After selecting a car, you'll be on the overview page and can research the following:
- Photo Gallery - view stock photos of the car
- Ratings - Edmunds rating, consumer rating, MPG rating
- "See All for Sale" - search inventory listings
- Build and price tool and Incentives - research the True Market Value (TMV) and Incentives
- Edmunds Expert Review - Our experience with the car
- Consumer Reviews - Actual owner's rating and experience with the car
- Features/specs - measurements, equipment, fuel capacity, etc.
- True Cost to Own (TCO) - estimated 5 year ownership costs
- Car comparison tool - side by side comparison to other cars
- Can It Fit? - A way to see if a car will fit in a specific space using virtual reality
- Safety Information - safety equipment and ratings
- Video Gallery - Edmunds editorial video reviews of the car
How do I find the True Market Value (TMV) and Invoice?
From the "Research" tab on the app:
- Select the make/model/year of the vehicle you're interested in
- Swipe up to the "Build & Price" box ("Appraise" if a used vehicle)
- Select the blue "change" link to adjust the trim level
- Select the color, packages, and optionional equipment (for used, you can adjust the mileage and the vehicle's condition)
The Invoice, True Market Value, and MSRP will automatically update after any adjustment. For used cars, the "Trade-in, Private Party, and Dealer Retail" values with update.
How do I search for inventory?
From the "Buy A Car" tab:
- Search by either "Make & Model" or "Body Type"
- Searching by "Make & Model", select the make and model you're interested in
- Select the year(s) then select the "View Cars" button
Use the "Filter" icon on the upper right-hand corner to narrow the inventory down by price, mileage, features, and more!
Use the "Save Search" button to use the search again (you can access the search by going to the "Dashboard" tab at the bottom of the app.
Select the "heart" (like) icon on the listing to save that particular listing to your dashboard.
How do I contact the dealer and/or get a quote?
Once you've found a vehicle you like, you can do the following to connect with the dealer:
- Call - call the dealer directly using your phone (calling rates may apply)
- Text (when available) - open a direct text conversation with the dealer (text/data rates may apply)
- Request a Quote - send your contact info to the dealer and they will contact you
How do I save inventory and/or my search?
To save inventory, select the "heart" icon on each listing. The heart will show as filled when you have saved it.
To save a search, select the "save search" button. This feature will also save any filters you selected using the "Filter" button on the top right.
To unsave any listing or search, you can simply deselect the button or go to your "Dashboard" to edit your saved searches/inventory.
Where can I view my saved inventory and searches?
To view your saved inventory or searches, tap the "Dashboard" tab at the bottom of the app. From there, you can view your "Saved Inventory" or "Saved Searches". To remove any saved listings or search, simply tap the edit button on the top right then select the "x" on any you want to remove.
How do I change my zip code?
- Select the "More" tab at the bottom of the map
- Select "Settings & Location"
- If you want to use your current location zip code, make sure the "Use current location" button is selected
- To use a different zip code, deselect "Use current location" then tap on the zip code in the "Use ZIP Code" box to change the zip code
How do I change the search radius?
- Select the "More" tab at the bottom of the app
- Select "Settings & Location"
- Use the adjustable "Dealer search radius" scale to change the radius miles
What is the "Can It Fit?" feature and how can I access it?
"Can It Fit?" is a feature that was added to our iPhone and iPad apps with the release of iOS 11. This feature uses Augmented Reality (AR) to determine whether or not a vehicle you're considering will fit into your parking space or garage. To utilize this feature, you will need to update your software to iOS 11, update to the latest version of the Edmunds app, and have one of the following iPhones:
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X, Xr, and Xs
Once that is complete, you can access "Can It Fit?" from the "More" tab at the bottom of the screen.This feature will require access to your camera. It takes 4 simple steps to see if the vehicle you're looking at will fit where you need it to:
- Detect the floor - you will know you've done so successfully when a yellow grid appears
- Set corners - you will need to walk to the corners of your space and tap the screen to set each corner
- Add height -using the slider at the bottom of your screen, set the height of your garage/space
- Park virtual car - select the car icon at the bottom of the screen to see if the vehicle you're considering will fit into the spot you've measured
Where can I find additional research tools, such as Compare, Appraise, and Calculate?
All of this information can be accessed on the "More" tab, which can be found on the bottom right of the homescreen.
What are "remote" and "On the Lot" notifications?
- Remote notifications include new consumer reviews on cars you’ve looked at, and it also gives a new push notification when a piece of inventory matches one of your saved searches.
- On the lot notifications are when you're physically on a dealership's lot, it will send you a notification for possible inventory.
How do I find what version of the app I have?
Go to the "More" tab. Select "Settings & Location" then scroll all the way to the bottom to "App Version"
Questions or feedback?
We would love to hear from you! If you have any feedback on our iPhone app, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team. Simply select "Help" from the "More" tab at the bottom of the app. We are available for all of your questions Monday-Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM (Pacific).