Most of the vehicle information published on Edmunds is sourced directly from vehicle manufacturers, usually from their dealer order guides, vehicle brochures and/or Web sites. This includes the following types of information:
- standard features (cruise control, power door locks, 4-wheel ABS, etc.)
- options and options packages (power sunroof, metallic paint, popular equipment group, etc.)
- specifications (horsepower, torque, seating capacity, etc.)
- dimensions (length, height, luggage capacity, front headroom, etc.)
- Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (or MSRP)
- invoice price (or “dealer cost”)
One notable exception is estimated fuel economy (miles per gallon or MPG), which we obtain from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Please note that most manufacturers use Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standards for their measurements.
If you find a discrepancy between the vehicle information published on our site and that on another site, please ensure that you are comparing vehicles of the same style or trim level. This is a common source of confusion.