Click here to see New Car Ratings and Click here to see Used Car Ratings. Please note that these are ratings from our Edmunds staff. You may also want to check out Consumer Reviews for additional opinions.
Our "letter grade" rating system is based on testing and evaluation by a core group of Edmunds.com staffers who see and drive more than 250 cars every year. Each car assigned a letter rating goes through an extensive 110+ mile evaluation testing loop with real-world driving scenarios. The overall rating for a car is based on ratings in the following categories and subcategories:
- Comfort, including Seating Comfort, Ride Comfort and Quietness
- Interior, including Ergonomics, Ingress/Egress, Visibility and Cargo/Storage
- Performance, including Acceleration, Braking, Steering, Handling and Driveability
- Value, including Build Quality (vs. $), Features (vs. $), Cost, MPG, Warranty and Ownership
- Fun to Drive, including Driving Experience and Personality
Note that all ratings are relative to comparable vehicles in the same segment.