What are the Edmunds exclusive used offers?
Shoppers that purchase a used or CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) vehicle that has Edmunds exclusive offer badging displayed are eligible to receive a free pre-paid gas card, 30-day extended warranty (click here for more detailed info on this), and 12-month roadside assistance.
In very limited cases, a vehicle with exclusive offer badging may only be eligible for the free pre-paid gas card. The details page and dealer contact form clearly mark these gas card limited vehicles.
Who is eligible for the free pre-paid gas card, 30-day warranty, and 12-month roadside assistance?
In order to qualify, you must select a used or CPO vehicle that has the exclusive offer badging and send your contact information to the dealer prior to purchasing. If you do not send your information to the dealer through the lead form on Edmunds.com, you will not be eligible for the Edmunds exclusive offers.
Once your info has been submitted to the dealer, you must purchase a used or CPO vehicle from the same dealership in order to redeem the exclusive offers. The personal information that you send to the dealer must match the sales contract of the purchased vehicle. Your exclusive offer(s) will be available for 45 days after sending your info to the dealer, during which you must purchase a vehicle from the dealership to be able to claim your rewards.
Information sent to a dealer after a vehicle has been purchased will not qualify for the exclusive offers.
How do I redeem my exclusive offers?
Upon sending your information to the dealer, Edmunds will instantly email you with instructions and links to redeem the free pre-paid gas card, 30-day warranty, and 12-month roadside assistance. The gas card is redeemed separately from the warranty and roadside assistance. As noted in question #1, some vehicles may only be eligible for the free pre-paid gas card and will not contain a link for the warranty redemption.
Once you’ve purchased your vehicle, you’ll need to return to the Edmunds redemption instructions email and follow the steps to redeem your offers. All offers must be redeemed within 7 days of the date of sale.
How do I upload my sales contract?
Before uploading your image, please be sure that the buyer’s name, dealership name, VIN, and purchase date are clearly visible. You will also want to be sure that your file/s is/are less than 2 MB in size total. If they are larger, the system will not be able to process them.
Once you’ve confirmed these details, please follow the steps below.
- Be sure that you know the name of your file. If it’s a string of numbers or letters that you will not recognize, rename it to something more easily recognizable. Once you’ve done so, select the blue “Choose file(s)” button.
- You will now be able to browse your computer for the file you are seeking. You can type its name into the search bar, or move the file to your desktop for easy accessibility.
- Once you’ve found your file, you will need to select it and then hit “Open”. Once you’ve successfully done so, you will see the file name replace the “Choose file(s)" text on the blue button. If you need to upload two files, be sure to hold the Command button (Shift on a PC) and select both files before clicking “Open”. If you’ve successfully uploaded both images, you will see “2 files selected” appear in place of “Choose file(s)".
- Now that your images have been uploaded, be sure to complete the rest of the form and click “Submit”. You will know that your submission went through if you receive a confirmation number.
We will send you an email within 5 business days with an update on the status of your submission - either to say we have everything, we’re missing something, or we cannot approve. If you do not see this email in your inbox, please be sure to check your spam.
When will I receive my gas card?
After successfully following the redemption instructions, your free pre-paid gas card should be delivered to your mailing address in 6 to 8 business weeks.
During the application process, you should receive three email updates on your submission:
1) Immediately upon receipt of the redemption application. This email will contain your confirmation code. Please check your spam folder if you do not see your enrollment details in your inbox.
2a) After your application has been successfully processed, you will be notified that your gas card has been approved.
2b) If your gas card application is rejected (e.g. your contact information was sent to the dealer after purchase), you will receive an email notifying you of the rejection and the reason the application was not approved.
2c) If the Shopper Support Team needs more information from you to consider approval, that may be requested. Please note that you must get the information back to us within 7 calendar days, or your submission will be denied. Once you get the information back to us, this does not guarantee the approval of your submission. It's simply what we need to determine if you qualify. If you have questions about what is needed, please reach out to us within the 7 day timeframe.
3) After your application has been successfully approved, you will be notified when your gas card has been mailed to your address.
When will I receive my 30-day warranty and 12-month roadside assistance?
Your enrollment in the 30-day warranty and 12-month roadside assistance take effect immediately following your successful redemption (through the initial email sent). Reference card information and program details will be available on-screen and sent to your email. Please check your spam folder if you do not see your enrollment details in your inbox.
If you do not receive your enrollment details, or have further questions on the 30-day warranty and
12-month roadside assistance, please contact CARCHEX customer service at 877-240-9148.
If you have any issues redeeming your exclusive offers, what should you do?
If you are experiencing any issues, please reach out to the Edmunds Customer Care Team.
- My gas card, warranty, or roadside assistance offer was incorrectly denied
- I received an error during my redemption process
- I need to replace my exclusive offer redemption email instructions
- My free pre-paid gas card, 30-day warranty, or 12-month roadside assistance offers were successfully redeemed, but I never received them. (Please note that it generally takes between 6 to 8 business weeks to receive your free gas card after successfully completing the redemption steps.)
Here’s how to reach our Customer Care Team (Available M-F: 8AM-12PM & 1PM-5PM PST [excluding holidays]):
- Call us at 855-782-4711
- Text us at ED411
- Email us at email@example.com
- Post on our Facebook wall
- Tweet us @EdmundsLive
Where can I find more info on the exclusive offers?
For full details on the exclusive offers, please visit:
Additional information on the 30-day warranty and 12-month roadside assistance can be found here:
Enrolled users can check their warranty and roadside assistance program details by entering contract ID and email at the below here: