Edmunds True Market Value (TMV) pricing system helps you determine the average transaction price, or “what others are paying,” for new or used vehicles in your area so that you can begin your negotiations with a fair price in mind.
What’s Included in TMV?
Our TMV pricing system estimates a vehicle’s average transaction price, not its “out the door” cost. Therefore, TMV prices DO take into account any incentives and fees that may affect the transaction price, including:
- manufacturer-to-dealer incentives (i.e. dealer cash)
- destination charges
- advertising fees (when applicable)
However, TMV prices DO NOT include most incentives and fees that are typically applied after a transaction price has been determined:
- manufacturer-to-consumer rebates (i.e. cash rebates)
- sales tax
- license/registration fees
- dealer title/documentation (“doc”) fees
For more details, please see How to Use TMV and What Fees Should You Pay?
Please note that, unfortunately, we are not able to provide TMV prices for the following:
- Model years prior to 1990
- Exotic vehicles
- RVs, motor homes, commercial trucks, tractors or trailers
- Motorcycles or ATVs
- Vehicles with salvage titles
- Demo vehicles
- Non-U.S. vehicles
- Customized vehicles (e.g., Saleen Mustang) or aftermarket accessories and/or parts