The combination of letters and numbers shown with a particular vehicle style (or trim) on Edmunds indicates 1) the engine's displacement size and cylinder count and 2) the transmission's gear count and shifting type that are standard equipment on that style -- for example:
Articles in this section
- Does the vehicle width on Edmunds include the mirrors?
- What is the difference between AWD and 4WD?
- What's the difference between a demo car and a program car?
- What is MSRP or 'sticker price'?
- What are the different types of transmissions?
- What do the abbreviations such as V8, 3.8L or 5A mean?
- What is a vehicle identification number (VIN)?